December 30, 2008

Nenjukkul peithidumaa mazhai...

What a beautiful song. I have been humming this song for almost a week now. When I heard the songs of Varanam Aayiram none of the songs impressed me initially. After hearing all the songs 3 - 4 times I fell in love with this song. It has such beautiful lyrics and the guitar strummings are amazing. Of course the voice of Hariharan adds to the magic of the song. Everything about this song is amazing. 

I tried watching the movie but didn't like it so much. What was really ironical was that the characters spent most of their screen time talking in English but when it came to songs they were all pure Tamil. I couldn't figure out how the characters could sing in pure tamil when they could not speak 5 sentences together in tamil :)

Thamarai is the best lyricist around right now. Kudos to the entire team for giving us such a refreshing song. Hope we get many more songs like this. 

2 comments:

U said...

but sad harris and gautam combination is out now

Aparna said...

Well said.. But after Varanam I feel Gautam has lost his touch..