April 13, 2009

52 Weeks 52 Books

Off late I have been spending a lot of time doing nothing in particular. Of course the Masters coursework keeps me busy but the free time in hand has been misused a lot. I was just wondering about this when I picked up a book titled "Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously" in the library. Right from the cover it oozed of chick flick material and generally I stay away from such books. Since I was bored with reading the same type of thrillers and classics I decided to give this book a try. Plus Amazon had a good review of the book too.

Anyway I picked up the book and started reading it in the library. The book is basically about a lady who is in a dead end secretarial job decides to reclaim her life. She does this by trying to cook all the 524 recipes presented in Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking within a year.

This got me thinking. Well I already cook so there's no point in me trying something similar to her idea. Therefore I decided to do something different. I plan to read atleast 1 book per week and then share my views about the book on this blog. The books will not necessarily be just fiction. I hope to read about a wide variety of topics and build my general knowledge too in this journey.

The first step in this journey is "Oil on the Brain" by Lisa Margonelli. See you at the other end of the cover.

2 comments:

U said...

good. read a lot and let us know which is good :)

Aparna said...

Welcome back to my blog Jagan :)
Sure will try to read a lot.. Nee padam paakara maathiri ;)