August 7, 2009

Tweeting

There was a time when only birds tweeted. Twitter, the latest sensation has replaced all that. Anyone who is anyone has a twitter page and keeps updating it with necessary and unnecessary posts.

I entered the world of Twitter when there was a battle for a million followers between CNN and Ashton Kutcher. That was the funniest thing ever to be seen on CNN. Such a big news channel engaging in a pointless imaginary warfare with an actor who attained fame in a way which is beyond my comprehension. CNN was canvassing for the audience to become their follower. It suddenly reminded me of the stories we hear about politicians collecting crowds for their rallies by enticing people with food and some allowance. I was bemused by the fact that a lot of people kept track of the current affairs by visiting Kutcher's tweet page. I always thought people read the papers or listened to news on radio and tv to keep themselves aware of the latest world happenings.

After this heated battle I decided to give Twitter a try. I created a profile, posted 3 - 4 tweets and got obscure followers whom I had no idea about. After a while I didn't know what to post. I'm still contemplating if this is because I lead such a 'boring' hectic normal life or if I'm just too restless to sit around tweeting about my whereabouts when I could just as well keep in touch with my friends through phone and mail. Should tweet back once I figure that out. Well I'm staying away from twittering for now...

No comments: